Tuesday, August 28, 2012

filling in for august

I haven't posted many (or any) photos in the last couple of weeks.  August has been BUSY!  Here are a few photos (not in any particular order, chronological or otherwise) to illustrate some of the things we've been up to:
 
Liv sporting a sweet "retro" look:

 Learning to buckle her own shoes:
 She snuck downstairs and fell asleep on the couch without us knowing (we were right in the room and discovered her probably 30 minutes later).  As I've mentioned to some of you, her finger isn't in her nose although it looks like it...

Excited to see what looks like some natural curl!

My astute sister in law noticed that Liv is using her left in this photo (I hadn't noticed!). 

Then I went back through the other photos I took (this was waiting at the ENT office last week) and saw this one of her using her right.  Ambidextrous? 

Love this one of her ready to leave for the church swim party:

Tosh playing with bubble wrap (great entertainment for this mom too):


Playing with Play-Doh takes great concentration:
 
 Burke lounging in the pool after a long day of school and then soccer practice:

 I made some personalized towels for the kids' bathroom.  I have loved knowing exactly which kid has left their towel on the floor! 

Awesome sunrise I caught one morning:

Hewitt can't eat breakfast unless he has a book to go with it (just like Rob):

I had parent teacher conferences for all three boys today (all are doing great).  Hewitt's teacher gave me this book he wrote and I thought I'd share (my favorite part is the "about the author" portion):








I spent all morning canning peaches with some friends.  Tomorrow morning we move on to pears. 

Other things of note:
Rob is going to be coaching Tosh's soccer team (we already know all seven players).  Should be a very entertaining bunch of boys.

I wrote the primary program for our sacrament meeting program this week.  So nice to have that checked off my to-do list.

Instead of saying, "I'm going to keep this in my room," Liv will say, "I'm taking this to my room for keeping!"  I love how lots of her sentences end with "for keeping."  So cute.

I am also noticing Liv "mothering" the boys (and their friends) more and more.  For example, we will load up in the van and she will say, "Get buckled up, boys."  She is also starting to storm off to her room when she is upset and say things like, "Fine!  I am going to my room and I'm going to shut my door!"  It's sometimes hard not to laugh, to be honest. 

Can't believe that September is almost here!

5 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I laugh at my kids all the time. Probably why they're so scarred. ; ) Love all the pictures, and Hewitt's book is awesome.

janeannechovy said...

Wait--we're not supposed to laugh at our kids? Parenting FAIL. :) I love Hewitt's book, too. Last week when we were sorting and organizing stuff, I saved anything written, even though Anders was embarrassed. That stuff is GOLDEN.

I still miss that cute boy-leg swimsuit. Glad someone else can enjoy it, though!

Got the soccer uniform, btw--thanks! Can't believe I didn't think to keep it.

Sue said...

I love Hewitt's book! I used to write a lot when I was his age too, and my swimming illustrations (I drew people swimming a lot) look much like his, funny. :)

I also love the pic of Burke lounging! Skinny kid :)

Angie said...

I always love reading Hewitt's book. What a great thing to have as a memory of his childhood. And that's great you got your primary program finished!

The Adventures of Six Petes said...

LOL! Love your posts and those kiddos.
Julie