Sunday: Rob and the boys spent quite a bit of time sorting LEGOs. We bought an organizer so we could have them separated by color and we pulled some of the bigger toys out of the playroom. It feels good to de-clutter a bit.
Tosh decided to try bread for the first time in a year or two. He is such a funny kid. He'll take one bite and say, "Yumm!" then claim he doesn't like it a few more bites in. Maybe someday we'll get him to try a sandwich for the first time in his life.
Monday: I was able to volunteer in Tosh's classroom. I always love seeing my five-year-olds in class for the first time. He was very happy to have me there as well.
The kids (and Rob) did a little night swimming after Family Home Evening...
while I made fresh strawberry ice cream (with a hint of lime) and it was delicious!
Tuesday marked six months since my Mom's passing. Liv gets herself dressed everyday (changes outfits a ton!) and she came downstairs Tuesday morning in her "I love Grandma" shirt. I thought it was sweet that she would happen to wear it that day. Sure love and miss you every single day, Momma!
Wednesday afternoon Liv and I did a little shopping. She loves trying on glasses. Glad she doesn't need them (yet), but she sure looks cute.
Sweet brothers:
Thursday: Burke has started guitar lessons (in addition to piano) with Rob. I can't believe how quickly he is learning. I sat in for a bit of practice and liked what I heard.
Liv and I ran more errands (have to quit doing that in the afternoons--too hot!). I don't buy Liv very much (thanks to AWESOME hand-me-downs), but these beauties were calling Liv's name:
Thursday night was Pack Meeting for Cubs. The kids had fun playing some "Minute to Win it" games:
No photos from Friday, I guess. Liv and I had some friends over to swim and have lunch. That evening our family went to a swimming party/BBQ with Burke's soccer team.
Saturday was fairly busy and productive. Yard work, house work, ward temple session and dinner, etc. A neighbor lent us his extension chainsaw to do some trimming (Rob usually trims by hand and it takes a LONG time). Well, I guess he was reaching too high and somehow got the blade stuck in a high branch. We tried several different things before we finally called for help! Our friend Kent (his family had our older boys while we were in Oregon, and he is also our hometeacher) came to the rescue with his 20 foot ladder. It was enough to get it down safely. We were laughing at ourselves for sure. We were hoping our neighbor wasn't watching the entire thing out of his window. This photo makes me laugh; you can see the saw suspended in the tree!
Sunday: It seemed like we had tons of time to kill before church today. I think it just felt like forever beause Rob and I sang in sacrament meeting and I had major nerves! I can't believe how nervous I get these days. I think I'd lose 10 pounds in a week if I had to sing in public every day. We motivated our kids to shower and get dressed by telling them we'd play games as soon as they were ready.
I just had to snap a few pics of my cute T today. The most, hmm, interesting or entertaining (?) story of the week is that Tosh has had a little trouble at school. I know what you are thinking. This kid?!?
He came home with a red note on Tuesday. He got in trouble for talking while the teacher was talking (no shock) and then a second time for KISSING! He kissed a little girl (Elizabeth) that he talks about all the time. She is "one of his girlfriends." Ha Ha! Heaven help us! I've never dealt with anything like this with our older boys. We both had a long chat with Tosh about appropriate behavior and I had him write a letter to his teacher that said, "I am sorry. I will follow the rules."
Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled to get an e-mail from Tosh's teacher on Wednesday saying that he had to go to the "Thinking Spot" again! This time he had joined another boy in ripping up some tape that was on the floor during their quiet time after lunch recess. I have never had reports of Tosh ever being disrespectful at preschool or Sunday School! What was worse was that the teacher found his red note folded up and in the waste paper basket at the end of the day! I wrote the teacher back of course and also talked to her when I took Tosh to school on Thursday. Luckily, the teacher seems to find Tosh entertaining and said, "He is so stinkin cute!" I guess when she showed Tosh the note in the waste basket he said, "That's weird!"
After much thought (and some pleading prayers!) about how to handle this less than steller behavior, I decided to tie a green ribbon around his wrist as a reminder to make good choices. We also put his bear up every day before school and he has to earn him back with good behavior. Both Thursday and Friday were a success (no red notes!) so I guess it's working!
3 comments:
Great pictures, especially of Tosh at the end. Ummm.. yeah, and good luck with everything. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you with that one, and I hope you'll be doing the same for me. Big starts in 2 weeks and has informed me that he still has no intention of doing any writing or math. His goal is just to put all of his focus into recess-- half of it playing with the excavator toy, half riding the motorcycle. Heaven help us.
Oh these awesome kindergarteners! Love them to bits. Cindy Lou had her test today, and I don't know how she came out percentile-wise (has to be 95% for them to consider letting her do it), but the tester enjoyed her! And I love, LOVE that one of the things T got in trouble for was KISSING! Such a ladykiller.
Tosh is such a charmer, so funny! I love that Burke is learning guitar too. Not surprising at all and so cool!
Post a Comment