Mel snapped this darling one of her and Liv:
It got pretty warm and sunny, but a great way to remember why we celebrate the holiday:
That evening we headed to Rob's parents' for a BBQ with three of Rob's sisters and their families. As usual, Rob's sister took some great photos:
I love this candid shot of Hewitt and his cousin, Leif:
Sweet Hewitt:
Rob continued working while we were in Utah, so the kids and I stayed busy visiting with friends and hanging out with grandparents and cousins. We were able to go to my friend Heather's for lunch one day. Heather and Kristin and I were roommates at BYU 15 years ago. I sure love these girls!
The kids playing on the slip and slide at my Dad's house:
My brother Mark and his family were in town for a couple of days before they headed over to California. ALL of the kids got a kick out of Helen's Play-Doh and my nieces helped create some great scenes from some movies (Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, Despicable Me, etc.). Both Taylor and McKaylynn (better known by us as 'Tay Tay' and 'Kay Kay') are very creative and so much fun.
I don't have photos of this, but Mark, McKaylynn and Burke created a Frisbee golf course (complete with fliers with a place to record scores for each hole) in the green space behind my dad's house. My sister's kids joined us all for a BBQ on the 5th and pretty much everyone played at least one round of Frisbee.
We headed up American Fork canyon as a family on Saturday since Rob had the day off work. It was so nice and cool (even rained on us some). We did a little hike and then went down to the lake to let the kids play and explore there. I was able to set the timer on my camera to get this one:
(Liv closes her eyes on purpose. Can you tell?)
On Sunday the 8th, we headed back to Provo to stay with Rob's folks for a few days. We were able to spend some time with his sisters and I was able to go to lunch one day with two of my good friends from my freshman year of college. Michelle, Marla and I were in "Showtime Company" together and we have been able to meet about once a year to have lunch and catch up. We are making plans to have a 20th reunion next summer. Crazy!
Two of the highlights from our week in Provo include all of the adults going out to dinner to celebrate my father-in-law's 73rd birthday (so quiet and wonderful!), and a fun trip to Bridal Veil Falls. Again, Rob's sister brought her camera along and took tons of great shots. To see more of her photos (and recap of the week), please go here.
Burke with his cousin, Delaney:
Burke and (cutie pie) Merit:
Burke, Delaney, Merit and Davis:
I love this one of Livvy!
I followed Tosh up and down, up and down. He must have climbed up the falls seven or eight times.
That brings us to one of the main purposes of our trip: Dad and Helen's big day. If you haven't yet read their story, please get caught up here. My Dad's lucky number is 13, and it was very fitting that he would choose to get married on Friday the 13th. The ceremony was short and simple. They were married by a friend of my father's (Herschel Pedersen--in the same ward) and he was very personal and quite hilarious to be honest. I don't know if he felt prompted to keep it light or what, but there was so much laughter that I hardly had time to think too much about my mom or get sad at all (honestly, I had no idea what to expect). It was neat for me to sit right next to my sister and hold on to her during the ceremony. My cousin Bob asked me what I thought of the ceremony (we joked that it almost felt like we were listening to a dry stand-up comic!) and I told him that I thought it was perfect for the couple.
My dad and Helen leaving the temple:
Best wishes to you both! We love you.
Big Group Shot:
Helen's side (they are all very nice. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better):
My dad's side (unfortunately Melanie and Kevin are missing from the photo--they were sent off to find a key, but they really were there). Also I should note that the wind was picking up and it was starting to rain at this point:
Our little family:
Rob and I were married at the exact same place 13 years ago! The trees and flowers looked so pretty and bright on the overcast day.



































4 comments:
It was so great to see you guys! The kids can't wait until next time. I think I need to get a slip 'n slide-- great for photos!
What a trip. I love the photo in the canyon that was taken with the timer, it turned out great.
I appreciate the shout out! :) Cute pictures!
So glad you guys came! I LOVE Liv's pics with her eyes closed... made me laugh out loud :)
Post a Comment