I'll start this week off with a little joke:
What do you call a guy with a rubber toe?
What do you call a guy with a rubber toe?
Roberto
It was a fairly non-eventful week (thankfully). I was able to get a lot done in the house and feel quite organized for the first time in months (translation=I cleaned up the laundry room).
Here are a few random things to share:
We got a babysitter last night because Rob was asked to run the music for a youth dance at church and I thought I would tag along. This babysitter is one of their favorites and she always brings fun things for the kids (games, stickers, glow sticks, etc.). The boys were telling us this morning about how she had let them watch part of the Yogi Bear movie (I think?) and Burke announced to us that it had a 'G' rating. At hearing that Hewitt exclaimed, "Wait, we can't watch 'G' movies, 'G' is for Grandparents!"
Speaking of babysitters, one of our other favorite babysitters (the one who babysat last weekend), gave me a card after church today. It was a card explaining that she wanted to return the money that we gave her last weekend ($45!) because she wants to be able to use the babysitting to count toward service hours. She also thanked us for letting her watch our kids and how much she likes them. Talk about a sweetheart. That would have been tough to give that money back. I love these girls!
So I am always writing things that the kids do or say, but have never admitted on here that I have a knack for mixing up expressions. It has actually become a running joke, and Rob's sister and brother-in-law still tease me about the time I said, "Jackbox" instead of "Jackpot"one time. Anyway, earlier today Rob said something crazy and I said, "Are you out of this world?" Umm, yes. Rob is pretty awesome.
Somehow we got discussing the Second Coming over dinner tonight and the kids were asking some interesting questions like "How will the world end" and "When will Jesus return?" We were explaining how the world is going to continue to get worse before the Savior comes again and Hewitt said, "Yah, but He's probably going to fix it!"
Liv is suddenly starting to talk quite a bit. Amazingly I can now understand when she is asking for a plate or a bowl or wants certain things. We all about died laughing yesterday when one of the boys moved her drink over and she said (clear as a bell), "Hey! My cup!" Her voice is so cute; it is so strange when she sounds like a little girl talking and not a baby. This morning Burke sat down in the stool where she had been sitting, and she said, "Hey! My seat!" Do you see a common thread here? The boys pretty much laugh at everything she does and usually let her have her way. Could be trouble.
I realized today that I didn't take any photos this week. Not even with my phone. I snapped this shot of Hewitt tonight. The chorister for the primary kids does balloons and she brought in these awesome props for the kids today. These go along with the song, "Scripture Power." Don't you love the "sword of truth, shield of faith, and vital armor of the Lord?" So cute.
Have I mentioned that Burke reeaaallly wants us to have another baby? He brings it up quite a bit, especially now that he's old enough to understand that it's the sort of thing we have some control over. I know it really disappoints him that we feel that our family is complete. I usually joke with him about how it's already pretty crazy around here. :) I'm writing this post from our old desktop tonight (instead of my usual laptop) and happen to have access to one of my very favorite photos of Burke. This is from the first time he held Tosh in the hospital:

I can't believe that this was over six years ago! We were speculating just the other day how long it will be until the boys are taller than I am. I'm afraid it will be here before I can blink.
6 comments:
All of your kids are so cute, Tams (I'm not opposed to someone else getting a surprise baby). You've really hit the jackbox. ; )
I think four is good. :) (Does Burke seriously not remember how you were practically at death's door for most of your pregnancy?!?! He should be old enough to remember that.)
Totally cute pictures, and yay for more words from Liv! Just like the Wizard, I think once she gets going she'll never let up.
Hey! I'm actually checking private blogs this morning! Burke's comment reminded me of something Ryan said this week. He asked when we're going to have another baby because has he put it...when you see a picture of a family there is: Dad, Mom, Big Brother, Big Sister, Little Brother, Little Sister, a Baby & a Dog. From his ideal picture of a family we must have a baby & a dog. Good luck on that one little buddy! LOL!!!
I don't think Burke is totally out of this world ;) to think you should have another baby!
So I loved your wrap-up list (and no I wasn't referring to you in anyway). Specifically the one about the pudding and pictures! Paige came home from picture day with both sides of her pony tail hanging out. I asked if she pulled them out before or after...of course before. She told me, "but mom, the picture people told me I looked beautiful". I couldn't burst her bubble and tell her they probably tell that to every girl.
Anyway, and have you ever watched NCIS? Ziva on it is always getting American phrases all mixed up. "Jackbox" would be a perfect one for them to use on the show!
Love those balloons! We have the same problem with our youngest. She pretty much gets what she wants, she's kind of bratty, we're hoping preschool helps. Cole, in sixth grade, is now taller then me. We are thinking he will out grow Nate's 5'10" by next summer.
Post a Comment