Getting back into a routine is always a good thing. I will be driving the boys to school every morning, and they will be taking the bus home (I will pick them up at an elementary school that is much closer to our house). This school starts and ends a little later each day, which allows more time in the mornings for piano lessons/practice at home.
I got some photos of the boys before school today (they were unusually calm and quiet. Nerves maybe?):
Both Burke and Hewitt had a great day.
Tosh started afternoon preschool at our "home" elementary school (where Burke went for 2nd grade). I think he loved getting to go to the big elementary school, and was acting so grown up all afternoon. He even requested to start piano lessons when Rob got home from work, and then jumped off of our high wall into the pool for the first time tonight. This cutie is sure growing up!

Liv wanted her picture taken as well, and was oh, so disappointed that she was not able to stay at school with Tosh. She screamed the entire way home (kicked off shoes, pulled her pigtails out, etc.), and when I got her out of her car seat, her face was covered in snot and her hair was literally wet with sweat (it is sure hot here!). Poor girl. I explained that we would go back to pick Tosh up in a couple of hours, and she finally calmed down and said, "OK" and then took a four hour nap!
5 comments:
I'm glad the kids had such a great first day! I can't believe we'll be heading back to school soon, too. This summer just flew by!
Ours has barely gotten started, so neener neener. We still have two vacations left. :)
Year round school? Man, I would love that! Hope the boys adjust and now that all of her buddies are gone some of the time, I wonder if Liv's new mantra will become "mommy, will you play with me?" as Danica's was!
The boys all look so old! The new school sounds amazing! Hope it's a great year. So glad your vacation was a success. We LOVED seeing you guys.
Take care.....Tanya
I cant believe school has already started. Our kids don't start until SEpt. 6th this year! Looks like you had fun vacationing!
Post a Comment