Sunday, June 12, 2011

hewitt for president!

Hewitt announced the other night that he's decided to throw his hat in the ring and run for president. And why not? He designed a flier that he wanted to mass copy, roll up with a rubber bands, and leave on driveways:

I know the writing is small, so here it is:
Hewitt Peterson...famous...like a President.
Who will vote him? Well see about that!


Hewitt as President (pointing to self portrait)
hint: check the square on the back

Hewitt as President
We will be voting on this Saturday. You can be there if you want. So you can tell your friends to vote too. I'm going to be president if everyone votes me. I will be happy if everyone votes me. I'm going to be very angry if you don't vote me.
SO be there SOON!

(I never get enough of this kid.)


Last weekend when we were going through our closet, we went through my old costumes from my singing/dance groups. Liv took great interest in a pink sequin belt (she thinks that anything pink belongs to her). Tosh found that it made a great headband:

And have you ever seen a pirate look this fabulous?
Tosh has really started to enjoy drawing and "making books." I love these guys he drew this afternoon (and he had a long story to go with it).

Burke had Cub Scout Day Camp Mon-Wed. He had a grand time as expected. They actually go later in the day because it is so hot, so they were gone from about 2pm to 10:30pm every day. I have to mention how QUIET it seemed without Burke here in the evenings! Rob went up on Tuesday with the boys and said that he had fun too.
Hewitt and I went on a little date yesterday to the wedding reception of his former preschool teacher, Shirley. She was widowed about four years ago and just got married to a widower that lost his wife about two years ago. They each have five children, but *only* eight are still living at home. The bride looked absolutely gorgeous and happy, and I literally started crying when I saw her from across the room.

Hewitt and I had a nice time together and we enjoyed walking around the gardens at the reception hall. Hewitt still loves to be photographed and at each stop would suggest a photo.

Liv started crawling out of her crib this week. The first time she did it was after a nap and I was in the kitchen when she walked down the stairs and announced, "hi!" She did it the next morning and afternoon so I figured it was time to get the toddler bed out before she fell (although she is such a monkey and seems to be agile and have no problem getting in and out, although I've never seen it myself). The toddler bed has been a bit of a headache and I realize that I've been very spoiled. Liv has been sleeping about 12 hours a night (without waking) from about three months. She also goes down for a nap (and bed) without a peep. Liv went to bed great the first night in the new bed, but then kept getting out of bed the first time she tried napping. I am NOT ready for her to give up naps (and neither is she since she still naps for about three hours). So, now I give her one shot at the bed and if she gets out, then it's the crib for her! She loves her new bed though, and you can tell that she feels very grown up:




Another first for Liv is that she has gone potty on the toilet a few times! This is very exciting as it was at her request. I'm not in any rush to push the potty-training, and certainly not until after our big trip in July is over...



It was nice to see my sister and bro-in-law one night this week and to be able to visit for a couple of hours. I took the boys to a summer movie on Wednesday morning (Ramona and Beezus), and besides that we did lots of swimming, some cleaning and mostly hanging out around the house. I am going to need to get a bit more creative this week to keep all of the kids (and me) entertained. Have a great week, and remember that we welcome visitors! You know, our pool is the perfect temperature right now :).

3 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Wish we lived closer! We would definitely come and join you in your pool! It is not very warm here in Idaho. I can't even imagine swimming outside yet!

Angie said...

I just love the things Hewitt writes! I still love that book of Hewitt's I read when we visited. I love that your kids like to write books. Your kids are so funny and cute. This post makes me miss them. Take advantage of Liv wanting to use the potty! It may be easier than you think. Can't wait to see you soon!

The Laundry Queen said...

Wow! Quite the week. I wish my kids still liked to be photographed-- the Challenge kind of ruined them for it, i think. Tell Hewitt I'll vote for him!