I haven't been taking many photos lately, but I'll share a few random things.
Burke taught Hewitt how to play Chess. Burke has played Rob a couple of times and he's actually pretty good. We had Family Night "on the road" last week and went to Target to buy this cheap checkers/chess board. My mom laughed when we explained that we sometimes opt to do Family Home Evening in the car. We load everyone up and they tend to sing better and pay better attention to scripture reading when they are sitting in their car seats and can't go anywhere. It becomes the lesson and activity all in one.
Burke is always trying to invent something or discover something new and interesting to do around here. He created his own recipe for a lemon/limeade with a secret ingredient (hint of cinnamon). He named the drink, "Petey Goodness," and wanted to take samples to the families that Rob home teaches.
Hewitt is obsessed with book making and pretty much spends his free time sitting at the kitchen bar drawing. His new favorite is doing comic books (shown below with some silly face he's making).
Soccer has started again for Burke and Hewitt and suddenly we are busy every night of the week.
I'm enjoying having time alone with Tosh everyday. We play lots of board games or go swimming.
He likes helping me clean and likes to pretend that my mop bucket is his pirate ship.
I have a hard time getting to Tosh to eat something besides fruits and vegetables. I laughed at his lunch plate the other day (the reason I took the photo below). Red pepper, fresh peaches, peanuts and a pickle. Whatever works! He has refused to eat bread ever since he was a baby...although he does love french toast and waffles.
I found Tosh and Liv in Rob's music room the other day. Liv was "singing" into the microphone and I didn't have time to focus the camera. It was super cute.



Aunt Alisa and Uncle Kevin are here for the long weekend. We were busy getting all of our "chores" done during the week so we could just relax and hang out with them. Yesterday we swam and watched college football. Alisa and I helped Burke with a school project, and I even worked on my Christmas stockings a bit. Liv really likes her Uncle Kevin.

We are excited to have a couple more days together before it's back to school and work on Tuesday. Have a happy Labor Day.
5 comments:
Liv singing in the mic is so cute! Big saw the pictures and started begging to go back to your house again. I may just have to ship him down so I can get some peace. ; )
I'm not sure what my tummy would do after a lunch like the one Tosh ate (peppers, peaches, peanuts and a pickle-- love how it's all 'p's), but I'm glad it works for him!
I think Hewitt got some of Rob's singlemindedness--instead of music, it's comic books! You'll have to send him to comics camp when he's a bit older. And with you two as parents, for sure Liv is going to be a STAR!
What a neat picture of Kevin & Liv.
FAmily Home Evening in the car...all strapped in...I think it's a great idea! We are going to have to try it sometime!
I get excited just to read your blog and smile, a big smile, every time I get notice about one.
FHE in the car, I love it. Chess, Pirate Ships, a swimming pool, Alisa and Kevin, the Peterson Resort is thriving.
Post a Comment