Sunday, August 15, 2010

one more thing to check off my list :)

Another busy week. I was commenting to Rob the other day that my days seem to fly by now. I'll admit that I've had many times as a SAHM when my days have moved by very slowly, and I'd find myself glancing at the clock and thinking, "It's ONLY 10AM!?" Honestly, I can't remember the last time I had that experience; there is always so much to do and not enough time to do it. I actually think that this is a great thing. Life is getting busier, and at times it feels a little crazy, but overall it's a good balance of feeling generally productive and like I've accomplished many of the things (but not all) on my list each day. I'm also recognizing that life is just going to get busier, at least that's what everyone tells me. I'm just trying to do the things I need to do, and also be sure to enjoy my kids while they are still little...and enjoy them, I do!

I've been giving Liv baths after breakfast instead of at bedtime lately. Here's why:

I felt bad that Tosh wasn't represented in photos last week, so I tried to make up for that this week. He is starting to do this funny closed-mouth smile lately.

Showing off his block castle:

These two are getting better at playing together all of the time:


Livvy is starting to pucker up to give kisses and is usually pretty generous about sharing the love.


We have several bushes in our front and backyard that exploded with color this week. Gorgeous, purple flowers that only stayed in full bloom for only about 3 days... It seems odd to me that something would bloom suddenly in mid-August. It's gotten above 110 this week.
We hung curtains (and rods) in our family room yesterday and did some other minor home improvement type things. I love getting things (beyond dishes and laundry) done!

I guess that Sunday afternoons have become somewhat of a dress-up day lately. Today, the boys created their own pirate costumes.
You don't want to mess with these pirates... oh wait, are those smiles I see?

I call this "Platypus Face." I usually see it at least once a day:
Heave ho-ing the boat ashore:
Livvy giving Rob "five"
I caught her cute new front tooth in the "up above" five. Cute toes too:

Guapo Roberto. These eyes are rarely seen without glasses. Rob got released from his nursery assignment at church this morning (if only he could have stayed in there for three more months until Liv was "legal" in nursery). Next chapter: High Council (and five bucks says that Rob will not like that I've mentioned that, nor will he like that I'm posting this photo I took today).

And to make it fair, here is a photo that Rob took of me this afternoon. I am leaving on Thursday for Colorado! This will be my first get-away-by myself-without kids-trip in four years. I'm getting really excited, and am planning on packing jackets and jeans because the low is supposed to be 40 degrees in Vail (highs in the low 70s). I just might freeze (ha!).
Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

janeannechovy said...

You're all so cute, Rob included.

Love the pirate play!

John R said...

Life will get busier! Count on it. Have a great trip to CO. I am sure Rob will forgive you. Yoa are all looking great, even the evil, mean pirates.

John R said...

Looks like Liv especially enjoys breakfast with yogurt, eh? I couldn't stop laughing.

Tom and Maryana said...

Another great blog!

The Laundry Queen said...

I have just stopped trying to get things done-- it's amazing how life is less busy that way. ; ) Great pictures!

Brett and Tiffany said...

A high councilor! That is exciting! That is Brett's calling right now too. He has had it two years and it is amazing to watch him grow and see the blessings that come with that calling. As part of his high council calling, he is over all of the full-time missionaries in our stake and loves every minute of it. Rob will enjoy it! have fun in Colorado.