We loved having Grandma and Grandpa Pete here!
The boys have been coming up with all sorts of pool games that they like.
The boys all started swimming lessons today (three different classes). It will certainly keep us busy this month. Liv is getting more and more comfy in the water too. She loves being outside and will cry if someone goes outside and leaves her in! We usually just swim in the morning or evening since it is getting so hot during the day.

Thursday was my birthday. I must admit, I started the day fairly grumpy (just ask Rob), but it turned out to be a good day. I've been wanting a new camera for a long time and just got one for my birthday! I don't really know how to use it yet, but it's exciting none the less. Rob took the very first photo:
So this is what 35 looks like (hopefully my hair doesn't usually look this messy). I'm not sure why my hand looks so transparent in this photo. Weird.
Liv has been trying to walk quite a bit, and fell down once and hit her little cheek on a wooden train track. It made for a purple little goose egg that turned into a black eye/cheek. She is getting really funny and more dramatic. She definitely knows what she wants and lets you know about it.

Hewitt was the most cooperative this weekend about letting me try out my new camera on him. He's such a good sport. We found out on Tuesday that Hewitt was able to transfer to the same school where Burke will be going. I really wanted them in the same school, so that was a big relief. Hewie had kindergarten testing on Friday, and was so disappointed that he didn't get to stay for school. This kid is SO ready for school and can't wait to go. He was really cute when he came out of the test and very humbly and matter-of-factly said, "I knew everything! I only counted up to 44, but told the teacher that I could go up to 900."

Hewitt is excited that his hair is long enough to "spike" again.
Burke had a great week. Not only did he have all sorts of fun things going on for the last couple days of school (water day, getting the "Math Award," a pretend camp-out with flashlights and Happy Meals from McDonald's with his class, etc.), but he got to go to CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP! Day Camp was Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 1:30PM to about 10:00PM (getting home around 10:20 a couple of nights)! It was so weird to have Burke home during the day and out late at night. He seriously had the time of his life and can't wait to go back next year. I think that he looks so cute in his camp "uniform." Could his shirt be any bigger?

That about sums it up. Now back to laundry, dishes and other chores. Happy June!
Liv has been trying to walk quite a bit, and fell down once and hit her little cheek on a wooden train track. It made for a purple little goose egg that turned into a black eye/cheek. She is getting really funny and more dramatic. She definitely knows what she wants and lets you know about it.
Hewitt was the most cooperative this weekend about letting me try out my new camera on him. He's such a good sport. We found out on Tuesday that Hewitt was able to transfer to the same school where Burke will be going. I really wanted them in the same school, so that was a big relief. Hewie had kindergarten testing on Friday, and was so disappointed that he didn't get to stay for school. This kid is SO ready for school and can't wait to go. He was really cute when he came out of the test and very humbly and matter-of-factly said, "I knew everything! I only counted up to 44, but told the teacher that I could go up to 900."
Hewitt is excited that his hair is long enough to "spike" again.
Burke had a great week. Not only did he have all sorts of fun things going on for the last couple days of school (water day, getting the "Math Award," a pretend camp-out with flashlights and Happy Meals from McDonald's with his class, etc.), but he got to go to CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP! Day Camp was Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 1:30PM to about 10:00PM (getting home around 10:20 a couple of nights)! It was so weird to have Burke home during the day and out late at night. He seriously had the time of his life and can't wait to go back next year. I think that he looks so cute in his camp "uniform." Could his shirt be any bigger?
5 comments:
Thanks for blogging!!!!! We enjoy hearing and seeing what y'all are doing.
Sorry, another comment... Just noticed the new pictures at the side of the blog. They are great.
Yay! I'm glad things are going so well, and of course I'm happy for you that you got a new camera-- what did you get? Great pictures, by the way!
Hey--I think we hit 74 here on Saturday (and then had and couple of inches of rain on Sunday). It's finally supposed to hit 80 for the first time this year (new record for latest ever) on Saturday. Oof.
110! We have barely hit 70 degrees in Idaho and that was for one day! It has been the coldest spring here this year! Maybe I will take my kids on a long drive and jump in your pool! Happy birthday!
Post a Comment