Sunday, October 25, 2009

odds and ends

After having a "break" of sorts for the last six months, I now have a calling again. I am the Mia Maid advisor and I'm so excited. I sensed this may be coming... I haven't been in Young Womens (as they say) since we lived in Oregon over nine years ago. Teaching weekly and attending a weekly activity will keep me busy, but I'm at a good stage of life for this (Liv is just starting to eat rice cereal and goes down by 7pm AND no more sick pregnancies to worry about).

I checked out a DVD of the "Muppet Show" from the library. I was surprised at how much the boys like the shows and am surprised at how much of the humor they get. I made a comment when Kermit came out to do a number in a tuxedo about how he was "all dressed up," and Hewitt said, "Well at the beginning they said, 'It's time to dress up right,' Mom." (Remember the opening song, "It's time to put on make-up, it's time to dress up right, etc...") That made me laugh. Funny Hewitt.

I'm sure you've noticed that Liv sucks on her two middle fingers. A lot. Well, the boys are starting to call this "the Spidey!" You know, like what Spiderman does to spray his web.

Tosh pretty much refers to Burke and Hewitt as his "brothers" all the time now. He says things like, "I want to play toys with my brothers." or "I want to go see my brothers." The way he says it is so cute. The three of them have been playing so well together and are always giving each other horse rides, playing "puppy" (that totally reminds me of Jake and Joseph) or acting things out together, etc. I'm glad they are such good friends and are getting better at looking out for each other too.

5 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

My kids play puppies, too. Must be in the genes. You'll be great at your new calling!

Heather Ashby said...

Mia maids! That is great. (Much better than Nursery Coordinator)This way you can get to know the girls and figure out which ones you want babysitting your kids. You will be such a great YW's leader.
Liv looks way to grown up in those pictures. I love the two fingers. Cassidy did the two finger thing - I loved it - until she was five and still doing it.

Sara and Company said...

Spidey! Love it! And fun calling. I loved young womens.

janeannechovy said...

That is one cute baby. Too bad about the fingers, though--it's cute, but they'll always be the right size and available, unlike binkies.

I have kitty cats at my house, two of them. Lots of meowing going on.

Angie said...

I was just wondering yesterday if they gave you a calling at church. And it was just like you thought too. That's a great calling for you. Liv is a doll.